City Council Members

Members of the Grover Beach City Council

Grover Beach City Council, August 2019
(Left to Right) Desi Lance, Barbara Nicolls, Jeff Lee, Mariam Shah, and Karen Bright

  • Jeff Lee, Mayor
    Two-year term expires December 2020
  • Karen Bright, Mayor Pro Tem
    Four-year term expires December 2020
  • Desi Lance, Council Member
    Four-year term expires December 2020
  • Barbara Nicolls, Council Member
    Four-year term expires December 2022
  • Mariam Shah, Council Member
    Four-year term expires December 2022

View the Notice of Council Reorganization (PDF) (March 2019)

Contacting Your City Council
The City Council encourages all residents and interested parties to participate in City government meetings. There are several ways to contact your City Council and opportunities to attend an upcoming City Council meeting. Your presence and participation are essential to good government!

Monetary Compensation

The Mayor receives a stipend of $750 per month and Council Members each receive a stipend of $600 per month. Members of the City Council also serve as the Board of Directors for the Grover Beach Financing Authority, for which there is no additional monetary compensation. Additional compensation is provided to those members who serve on specific boards, commissions, or committees as the City's representative. (Please see FPPC Form 806 (PDF)) Compensation Report of all elected officials, officers and employees to: California State Controller (cities only) 

 Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700)
City Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the Grover Beach City Clerk's office. Copies of the statements filed by the above elected officers may be obtained at the Grover Beach City Clerk's office, 154 South Eighth Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433. Copies may also be obtained at the office of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC), 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, California 95814. Statements of economic interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website.

Contact Us

If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact the City Management Department by phone at (805) 473-4567 or email.