General Election & Voter Registration Information
The next General Election will be held November 3, 2020.
The General Municipal Election is held in Grover Beach on the first Tuesday (after the first Monday) in November of even-numbered years and is consolidated with the County of San Luis Obispo. The City Clerk serves as the City’s Election Official and, in compliance with the California Elections Code, administers all municipal elections for elected and appointed officials.
General Election results may be found on the County Clerk Recorder website.
Each election cycle two Council Member seats and the Mayor seat are open for election. Council Member terms are for four years and the Mayor’s term is for two years. Current Council terms are listed on the Mayor and City Council page of this website under "Contacting City Council".
City of Grover Beach November 3, 2020 Election:
The following seats will be up for election:
- Mayor Jeff Lee – 2-year term (December 2020 through December 2022)
- Council Member Karen Bright – 4-year term (December 2020 through December 2024)
- Council Member Desi Lance – 4-year term (December 2020 through December 2024)
The following Candidates qualified for the ballot:
Currently there are no candidates.
Eligibility requirements to run for office are:
- You must be a resident of Grover Beach; and
- Be a registered voter in the City of Grover Beach.
Campaign Filing Requirements:
- File a Candidate Intention Statement FPPC Form 501. Prospective candidates can file their FPPC Form 501 anytime between now and the Nomination Period.
- After filing FPPC Form 501, should a candidate begin to campaign and raise funds he/or she must also file an originally signed FPPC Form 410 with the Secretary of State (copy of the form to be submitted to the Clerk’s office) within 10 days of receiving $2,000.
Instructions for both forms are on the first page of each form. Please read the instructions carefully and thoroughly, and contact Wendi Sims, City Clerk – (805) 473-4561, email@example.com. Prospective candidates can mail or drop off their FPPC forms at City of Grover Beach, 154 S. Eighth Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center