Commission or Committee Vacancies
If you are a Grover Beach resident interested in serving as a volunteer on a City Commission or Committee, we encourage you to apply. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Residents with applications on file within the past 12-month period will be contacted in the event interviews are being scheduled to fill a vacancy or vacancies.
When a vacancy occurs or a term is going to expire, a notice of vacancy for a City Commission or Committee is advertised in the following locations:
- City website
- Local newspapers (Press Releases)
- Government Cable Access Channel 20
- City bulletin board
Notice of Commission / Committee Vacancies
- Maddy Act Notice - Scheduled vacancies for the calendar year.
- Planning Commission - One (1) seat will become vacant with the expiration of one Commission terms on May 31, 2023. The commission is a planning agency authorized by law to grant or deny land use approvals. It also reviews and makes recommendations on the community’s General Plan. Major areas of involvement are real estate development projects and business uses.
- Parks, Recreation & Beautification Commission - One (1) seat will become vacant with the expiration of on of the Commission terms on May 31, 2023. The Parks, Recreation & Beautification Commission serves as an advisory body to the City Council and the Parks and Recreation Department regarding parks, recreation, community events, and beautification efforts. The Commission is actively involved with the Parks and Recreation Department, providing advice on special events throughout the year.
- Citizen Oversight Committee for City Revenue Measures - This Committee currently has no vacancies. The Citizen Oversight Committee is a five-member advisory committee whose task is to provide oversight of voter-approved city revenue measures and review an annual report that is prepared by the City.
- Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC) - One (1) seat is currently vacant. The committee is advisory to the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG), a regional transportation planning agency for the County of San Luis Obispo.
For more information, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (805) 473-4568 or send an email to the City Clerk.
Navigate Quickly & Easily
City Help Center