Encroachment Permits

Encroachment Permit Checklist (START HERE)

Use this checklist as a guide for completing the Encroachment Permit Application Form

Encroachment Permit Application Form

This form must be completed and submitted electronically to publicworks@groverbeach.org 

Encroachment Permit Fees

Please see the Master Fee Schedule for the City of Grover Beach.  Prior to the approval of the Encroachment Permit, all fees must be paid by cash, check or credit card at the Grover Beach City Hall - 154 South 8th Street, Grover Beach, CA 93433

Traffic & Pedestrian Control Plan

A traffic control plan shall be submitted with an encroachment permit application for work on West Grand Avenue, Oak Park Boulevard, Fourth Street, Farroll Road, and El Camino Real. Work on other streets may require submittal of a traffic control plan depending on the work proposed. Pedestrian control should be addressed as part of all traffic control plans submitted when applicable. Traffic and pedestrian control plans will be reviewed with encroachment permit applications.

Storage Units & Roll-Off Dumpsters

Storage units, roll-off dumpsters and other containers of that nature are not permitted in the public right of way. The City will not issue an encroachment permit for staging of these units in the public right of way.  If you would like to submit a complaint about a unit staged in the public right of way, please use the Code Compliance Complaint Form.

CG 2012, Commercial General Liability Endorsement

Standard Checklist for Communication Conduit Plans

City of Grover Beach Standards and Specifications

For additional information about Encroachment Permits please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 473-4530 or publicworks@groverbeach.org