The annual fee for an alarm permit registration or renewal is $25.00 for both residential and commercial properties. To view the city ordinance and apply online, please visit:
What is a false alarm?
"False Alarm" means an Alarm Dispatch Request to the Police Department, which results in the responding officer finding no evidence of a criminal offense or attempted criminal offense after completing a timely investigation of the Alarm Site. For purposes of this definition, “timely” shall be defined as when an officer arrives at the scene within thirty (30) minutes from when the Police Communications Center receives notification of the alarm.
How big is the problem?
• False alarms cost the city and its citizens thousands of dollars per year and take officers away from actual emergencies.
• The reality is that police resources are limited and should never be wasted. Hundreds of police patrol hours are spent investigating alarm reports that turn out to be "False Alarms".
• Alarm companies and alarm users are responsible for the use and maintenance of alarm systems to help ensure prompt Police or Fire response when an emergency really does exist.
Unregistered or Expired Permit Fine Schedule?
• First False Alarm: $150.00
• Second False Alarm: $175.00
• Third False Alarm: $200.00
• Four or more False Alarms: $300.00
For more information you can contact GBPD Commander Angelo Limon at (805) 473-4507 or via e-mail at email@example.com.