As the summer season winds down, the City of Grover Beach Parks and Recreation Department is pleased to announce a robust schedule of outdoor community programs and activities for the fall. From live music to volunteer opportunities to athletic events and programs, there is something for everyone to enjoy over the next few months.
Before the fall begins, the community is invited to close out the summer in true Grover Beach fashion by attending the 31st annual Stone Soup Music Festival on August 28 and 29 at Ramona Garden Park. Designed to celebrate diversity through music, food, arts and crafts, this event, hosted by the Clark Center in partnership with the South County Chambers of Commerce, features world-class musicians and a Mardi Paws Dog Parade. Two stages will ensure music flows uninterrupted from 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. More can be learned about the musicians that will be performing by following the Stone Soup Music Festival, Food & Street Fair Facebook page.
Grover Beach residents can then breeze into the fall season by participating in the following:
• On Saturday, September 18, join us at Ramona Garden Park from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. for a Movie in the Park! Disney Pixar’s Luca will be screened at this family-friendly event. Concessions will be available.
• The 32nd Annual Dune Run & Walk will take place on Sunday, September 19, at the scenic Grover Beach Boardwalk and Beach. Check-in opens at 7:00 a.m. and the race begins at 8:00 a.m. An awards ceremony will take place immediately following the race. Register at GroverBeach.org/Parks. First 100 registrants get a free t-shirt!
• The Grover Beach Community Library is hosting a Big Book Sale on Saturday, September 25 from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Their regular events include Virtual Story Time Monday at 10:30 a.m. and Senior Book Break the second Tuesday of every month at 10:30 a.m. Visit GroverBeachLibrary.org and follow the Library on Facebook to stay up to date.
• Pitch in at Grover Beach Community Cleanup Day on October 2 at 10:00 a.m. to help keep Ramona Garden Park beautiful. Refreshments and lunch will be provided upon free registration. For more information, call (805) 473-4580.
• The 45th Annual Jazz Jubilee by the Sea series will commence in both Grover Beach and Pismo Beach from October 21-24. With a variety of great bands covering all kinds of jazz music, experience great music, great views and great venues along with great music! For more information, please visit pismojazz.com/.
The Grover Beach Parks and Recreation Department is also offering a wide variety of youth and adult programming throughout the fall season, from skate school to parent-child yoga to beginners ukulele to fitness classes! Learn more and register online at GroverBeach.org/Parks. You can also use this site to make a donation to the Parks and Recreation Department to help fund special events.
All activities and classes will follow applicable COVID-19 State and local guidance. Follow the City of Grover Beach on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Nextdoor for updates.